Travelling alone is not easy. It's so challenging. I told my reception officer that i didn't want anybody to pick me nor jacq up from the airport. Since i would be there a earlier, i figured i could assimilate into the surrounding first - and that can only be done if i search and look around on my own. I think i become a much more confident independent traveller, and i wouldn't really want to make special "welcome" and over-friendlied conversations with others after a long flight. So i searched the internet on exact locations of the bus terminals, the metro and tram lines etc. Ah, i have a clearer picture of Istanbul and i'm grateful for this opportunity to learn how i should go about planning my travel routes. and it makes it much more justifiable why jacq should come to the hotel to find me, instead of me waking up at 6am to take the shuttle bus to the airport and then go 1 big round to the bus terminal. it would have been quite silly, wouldn't it? This is great, i can then bring jacq around the Grand Bazaar, i'm sure things would be cheap there, especially sundries.
I love the challenge of travelling alone and taking the public transport everywhere. I may get lost, but at least i get to doing things myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home