Eastasia Escapade

Sunday, December 03, 2006

To Egypt from Singapore via Leeds



The sun peeking over the mountains in Saudi Arabia at Dahab, Egypt. Such a beautiful sight, I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had overslept. Calm and relaxing... but not so much, because almost everyday, I tried hard to integrate into the group of British but I gave up every night. Then i think to myself, I am not as good as I want myself to be, or that I think i am. I am still not as assertive as I want myself to be but anyway, my guide (instructor) had really much less organisation skills that I expect him to have. As much as I look up to him, I do take the piss out of him too.

Anyway, it's really the first time since I came to England that I have so much interaction with the Brits. They can talk through the night and survive on beer and they have a strangely odd sense of humour, that I would find it really funny if i could understand. Every 10 seconds you can hear laughter from a casual conversation between 2 people and they really enjoy each other's company. Brits just like to have fun so they can't be bothered by other's problems. So if you need a listening ear, a Brit is not the right person to look for.

Btw, I was in Egypt on a dive trip and i did 3 specialty courses there. As mentioned above, due to my instructor's obsession with beer and british humour, I was at the bottom of his priorities. He kept procrastinating to go through my specialty courses and now, I have to meet him on another day, just so that he can rightfully certify me. Amongst other things, there were several other incidences that just made me minus some marks off my instructor.

But there were really fun and thoughtful people around despite all the odds i face with the group. My diving buddy was a great diver, helpful and not bossy. She so good natured, and very encouraging too! She's a great friend to have... I wish she can be my diving buddy everytime...

Ah! Shipwreck! my buddy and I are now castaways!

Oh no! an octopus bit your toes??

Relax, it's just the camera! Smile!


Haha, okie, end of story. =)

Maybe something different, my hotel room is such a surprise everyday. Somehow i managed to get the single room with a balcony. The rest didn't get and they were clearly jealous of me. anyway, in the afternoon, there will be someone to clean up the room and create magic out of towels:

1st day i entered the room with a pleasent surprise.

Then I get elephantS!!! the bright yellow towel is mine, I bought from Turkey (Jacq remember?)
Then mother swans and baby swans! In the middle is my diary and my water bottle...

Hahaha... This one made me laugh non-stop when i stepped into my room. The "man" had eyes and mouth!!! and the specs is MinE!!! haha...

some lotus... the little bottle in the middle of the yellow towel is my balm cream.

Awww.. how lovely!


On the last day... Aeroplane!!! with my specs... and the 2 blue dots are bottle caps...

Egyptians are quite creative, aren't they? Beds are such perfect places to leave ur surprises on.

Added bit: SCENES AROUND EGYPT

Lots of policemen just dossing around random places.

Huge mountains of sand everywhere!!

Toilet in the middle of nowhere, made out of stone and sand.

Short buildings, palm trees, sandy mountains and arabic man in the red car. How more Egypian (intentionally spelled Egypians) can this get?

Shall end off with a nice scenery.

Egypt is a good place to go. Its a privilage to be standing on the land where the longest history of mankind was said to be found on. On the way we found little kids trying to sell bracelets to us, if we don't buy they will go " Why no? You English Losers!" So sometimes it's justifiable that i don't feel any sympathy towards them, isn't it?

And camels are EVERYWHERE! =/ it sucks because I don't have pictures of camels just lazing around in the sun. There was this particular spot on the beach where a horde of camels were just "parking" there (they are a form of transport for the Egyptians). i'll try to get it and post it up.

Masallah! (arabic for 'wonderful')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home