Eastasia Escapade

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Where are the penguins and the polar bears??

been in sweden for 4 days and there's so much things i have to write but... looks like there's too much!!!

1st day was in london stansted and the airport was a nightmare. then got to sweden and saw my lovely cousin who welcomed me. then we went shopping in the mall near her place. her dad came down from halmsted to pick me up. We headed back home to sleep.

2nd day we walked around the town centre of lund...just going into shops and my cousin had to buy like lots of christmas gifts for her friends...so basically i was just tagging along... then i watched the movie ' Lilja 4ever' direted by Moodysson... this is the 2nd movie of his i'm watching... and i cried so terribly at the end of the show... i sort of like broke down when the show ended and i couldn't stop crying for the next 15 minutes... my cousin said too that she felt so bad after watching the movie... at night we watched youtube... please type in "idiotic swedish idol" and u'll see the most ridiculous audition in your whole life... we laughed till we almost died!!!!!!!!

Swedish BRUNCH... my cousin used be the chairperson of this 'Brunch Club'!!! It's like the student union who will prepare exam tea for us... but she did this every sunday, when party animals are dead drunk on saturday night.... and wake up on sunday just in time for Brunch. Its swedish above... ask me to know what they are...



3rd day she brought me to her university where i sat in for her lecture…well they were all in swedish!!! So I was kinda bored sitting in for 3 hours (!) and not knowing a single word but at least I met her friends…and we went to eat Turkish donars and we had to find refuge from the cold weather in some kind of theatre hall… like open spaces in the esplanade… then we walked around town again and went back home… lynsey got so tired she just slept on the couch for an hour while I was still busy laughing while watching Friends on TV… they’ve got the Simpsons too! I haven’t watched TV for soooooo long… I couldn’t stop watching… then at night, we went for a Christmas party with her friends… I couldn’t understand what they say so I’m just there sitting and eating… I wasn’t even listening to what they say… but things got better when we played a card game of ‘Plum’… haha not bad, I got 4th out of 10 people… and lynsey got 1st!!! she was saying ‘ we’re good coz we have asian blood…’ muah. Silly.



At night when we talked about India..she’s going to India for her medical course on Global Health for 2 weeks and I showed her a couple of pictures of Bangladesh… then I told her about the prosititution… and slums… and the literally shitty boatride we had… haha… so, I guess it seemed pretty too much for her to absorb at this moment... she has got to experience it herself... but i'm so glad i could at least tell her what the indian culture is roughly like, and what to prepare for...

okie la, enough of boring narration of my day... nothing interesting... no ski or snowboarding, becoz europe is facing SNOW CRISIS.

okie, when i have time i will edit my post to be mch more informative... Tack! (Thanks in Swedish)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home