Eastasia Escapade

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Are you still reading this blog?

Well, i suppose you are from Leeds. Or someone who doesn't know my other blog account.

That's fine, well, i'm just trying my luck here, in case there's really someone out there still reading this poor boy.

I've been doing fine back in Singapore. Although i'm no longer in Europe, but if i want to blog something relevant to my stay in UK, i'll do it here.

I received a letter from Rina today, from Japan. She's my flatmate in Montague Burton for 5 months and we spent alot of time together, looking at stars in the room, sharing food in the kitchen, going crazy in Isle of Man, counting down in London etc...

She wrote me a letter... and wished me happy birthday... and i miss her so much, i really wish i can teleport to Japan now and give her a BIG hug!!!! Actually i really think, if not for Rina, i wouldn't get to know so many Japanese friends, I wouldn't get to know Fion, I wouldn't get to know the Taiwanese girls, I wouldn't get to know Richard and so many more...

It's like most of my friends were made through her and I found out is that, she's not shy to invite new friends over or take the initiative to hang out with them. I really wish I can learn from her and take the effort to bring a new friend closer to you. But it's kind of sucky to do that in Singapore because people will just tease me, thinking i'm doing so because i like him. And there's this awkward feeling on the other party too because since everyone thinks that way, the new friend would naturally feel the same.

There's this exchange student who's from Leeds too (i exchanged places with him). and i really want to hang out with him for one day! and we can talk about Leeds and the weather. But he's quite a good-looking person and he has Asian origin but speaks with a strong British accent - which makes him pretty outstanding and truthfully, attractive. So if i were to approach him, wouldn't he think that i'm throwing myself at him?? I really hate to have people thinking that I have little value. But, somehow I really want to get to know him better. I want to try what Rina does in Leeds. Or how the locals in UK would just invite us to a random house party. Then again, my workload is piling up. I'm not sure if i can get the time and energy to do so.

Anyway, I'm doing fine here, have been keeping in touch with people in Leeds through MSN and of course, Facebook. Chinese New Year is coming, the most important festival for the Chinese population (what about japanese and koreans?). Wishing everybody back in Leeds a wonderful time ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home